TERMS & CONDITIONS
The term 'Institute of Carpenters' or ‘IOC’ or 'us' or 'we' refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is 32 High Street, Wendover, Bucks, HP22 6EA. Our company registration number is 76125 and is registered in England & Wales. The term 'you' refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
The Institute of Carpenters (IOC) is committed to protecting your privacy and complies with the principles set out in the Data Protection Act 1998.
When we collect your data
We collect your personal data when you request, or enquire about, the provision of IOC products and services including membership, events, qualifications and awards.
How we use your information
We use your data to:
• provide and administer the products and services you have requested
• keep you up to date with IOC and industry news
• tell you about the IOC and other relevant products, services and special offers
• monitor online traffic patterns and site usage to help us continually improve our website.
We do not share your personal data with third parties for commercial or marketing purposes without your prior consent.
We share your personal data with third party suppliers for administration purposes only. Data is supplied securely and written agreements exist with these parties to ensure that your data is processed in accordance with the IOC data protection policy.
We share your information with IOC regional, national and professional practice groups for the purposes outlined in this policy.
In some instances we use third party hosting sites to collect and process your personal data. These third party suppliers guarantee the security of your data via their privacy policies and corporate terms. Occasionally these third party suppliers are based in the US and comply with the 'safe harbor' framework.
We have the right to share your personal data if legally required to do so by a governmental entity or regulatory authority.
Keeping in touch with you
If you would prefer not to receive IOC marketing communications, you have the right to opt-out at any time. To unsubscribe, please email email@example.com or follow the 'unsubscribe' link contained in all IOC marketing emails.
If you are an IOC member, you can also update your opt-out preferences by contacting our Subscriptions Agency who will update your details on the IOC database.
We will process all unsubscribe requests within 21 days.
The IOC Find a Carpenter listings – affecting IOC members only
IOC members are listed in our Find a Carpenter listings on our website which is accessible by anyone who accesses the site. When you apply for IOC membership, you have the opportunity to opt-out of having your details listed in Find a Professional.
You can change these preferences at any time by contacting our Subscriptions Agency who will update your details on the IOC database.
All updates relating to Find a Carpenter privacy preferences will be processed within 10 working days.
Website and cookies
We use small files known as 'cookies' to enhance your experience of the IOC website as follows:
- To facilitate optimal use of the IOC website, by means of a temporary 'session' cookie. These cookies disappear when your browser session ends.
- The IOC website provides links to third party websites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of those websites. Always check the privacy policies of any sites you visit and contact the owner or operator of such web site if you have any concerns or questions.
You may opt to view the site without cookies by adjusting your browser's settings. If you do disable cookies some functions of the site may no longer work correctly. You can find out more about cookies at www.allaboutcookies.org.
Accessing your information
You have the right to access a copy of the personal data that we hold on you. To submit a full subject access request, please send a £10 fee and a written request to the Data Protection Officer, Institute of Carpenters, 32 High Street, Wendover, Bucks, HP22 6EA.
Please note that customer service enquiries in relation to Institute of Carpenters products and services should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Changes to this policy
Find out more
You can find out more about UK data protection laws by visiting www.ico.gov.uk.
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by the Institute of Carpenters and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of the Institute of Carpenters. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, the Institute of Carpenters takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
This website and its content is copyright of the Institute of Carpenters - © Institute of Carpenters 2014. All rights reserved. Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
- you may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only
- you may copy the content to individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge the website as the source of the material
- you may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.